Michigan Medical Marijuana - Do's and Don'ts
Ever since Michigan voters passed Proposal 1 in 2008, medical marijuana has been available to qualifying patients. To help you navigate Michigan’s complex system, we’d like to offer some important do’s and dont’s.
Do’s For Medical Marijuana In Michigan
- DO meet with your doctor to get diagnosed with one of the state’s qualifying conditions for medical marijuana patients
- DO take your diagnosis to a medical marijuana certification clinic
- DO research the medical marijana dispensaries with the best reviews in your area
- DO remember to take along a state-issued photo ID and your medical marijuana card whenever you visit a dispensary
- DO know the laws when it comes to growing at home. No more than 12 plants are allowed in an enclosed facility.
- DO keep track of what you’re buying so you don’t exceed your allotment
- DO talk to other medical marijuana patients to learn from their experiences
- DO go slowly as a new medical marijuana patient. It takes time to understand your tolerance.
- DO take notes along your medical marijuana journey. List the strains, edibles, or other medical marijuana products you’ve tried. Track the effects of each.
- DO ask questions whenever you’re at a medical marijuana dispensary. At Nature’s Medicines dispensaries, our Personal Service Providers are always happy to educate you.
DON’Ts For Medical Marijuana In Michigan
- DON’T forget that the first step to obtaining your medical marijuana card is to see a doctor to get diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition
- DON’T forget to take your medical records with you to the medical marijuana certification clinic
- DON’T expect to use credit or debit cards at a medical marijuana dispensary. Some only accept cash.
- DON’T sell your medical marijuana to anyone, including other patients. It’s not legal.
- DON’T grow more than the 12-plant limit.
- DON’T travel over state lines with medical marijuana. It’s not worth the risk.
Need more info about medical marijuana in Michigan? Talk to a Personal Service Provider on your next visit to a Nature’s Medicines dispensary.
Visit our recreational and medical marijuana dispensary in Bay City, Michigan
Visit our recreational and medical marijuana dispensary in Wayne, Michigan
Visit our recreational marijuana dispensary in Battle Creek (Emmett Township), Michigan
Visit our medical marijuana dispensary in District 7 (Detroit), Michigan
For more information on medical marijuana in Michigan, see also:
How To Choose A Dispensary In Michigan
Michigan Medical Marijuana Laws
How To Get A Medical Marijuana (MMJ) Card In Michigan
How To Buy Medical Marijuana In Michigan
Michigan Allotment Of Medical Marijuana
Michigan Medical Marijuana – Do’s And Don’ts
Medical Marijuana vs Adult Use Marijuana Rules In Michigan
History Of Medical Marijuana In Michigan
Bay City Medical Marijuana Certifiers
Wayne Medical Marijuana Certifiers