How To Choose A Dispensary In Massachusetts
Medical marijuana and recreational marijuana are both legal in Massachusetts. The state’s medical marijuana program was approved in 2012, and recreational marijuana was passed by voters in 2016. To shop at Massachusetts marijuana dispensaries, you must have a Massachusetts medical marijuana card, or be over the age of 21. Being over the age of 21 allows you to use marijuana for recreational reasons.
Medical Marijuana Dispensaries In Massachusetts
The first step to acquiring your medical marijuana card in Massachusetts is to see your physician and meet one of the medical qualifying conditions. There are more than 100 medical qualifying conditions in Massachusetts - way beyond most other medical marijuana states in the country.
Once you’ve received your medical marijuana card, you can purchase medical cannabis at a dispensary. Even though Massachusetts allows recreational marijuana, many patients choose to remain medical marijuana patients. Here’s why:
- Recreational marijuana is taxed in Massachusetts, sometimes up to 20%. Medical marijuana is not taxed at all.
- Prices are lower for you if you’re a patient because your use is considered medicinal.
- You’ll have shorter lines - and a shorter wait – if you’re a medical marijuana patient.
- If you suffer from financial hardship, you’ll get discounts if you’re a medical marijuana patient, rather than an adult-use consumer.
- You can buy higher doses of medical marijuana products, such as edibles, which have a maximum allowed THC of 100 mg if you’re a recreational buyer.
- Medical marijuana patients can take advantage of convenient home delivery. Not all dispensaries can service recreational cannabis sales, as some haven’t switched to allow both medical and recreational sales.
- As a medical marijuana patient, you have more dispensaries to choose from.
Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries In Massachusetts
When you’re looking for a recreational dispensary in Massachusetts, check out online reviews and pay special attention to wait times. Some dispensaries have such long lines that people have to park far away and take free shuttles to the shop.
Why not ask your friends if they have a favorite recreational marijuana dispensary? Things to ask, if you’re new to marijuana, are:
- Variety of marijuana products for recreational consumers
- Pricing (including taxes)
- Knowledge and friendliness of the staff, Personal Service Providers, and Budtenders
- Favorite marijuana products they’d recommend
Once you find a marijuana dispensary you like, share your thoughts with friends and write online reviews. Word-of-mouth is the best way to share first-hand information when it comes to medical marijuana and recreational marijuana. You’ll feel good about helping others make educated decisions.
If you have any questions about the differences between being a medical marijuana patient and a recreational marijuana consumer, be sure to ask our Personal Service Providers or staff members when you visit Nature’s Medicines dispensaries.
Need more information about buying marijuana in Massachusetts? Ask a Nature’s Medicines Patient Service Provider.
For more information on marijuana in Massachusetts, see also:
Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Laws
How To Get A Medical Marijuana (MMJ) Card In Massachusetts
How To Buy Medical Marijuana In Massachusetts
Massachusetts Marijuana Allotments
Massachusetts Medical Marijuana – Do’s And Don’ts
Medical Marijuana vs Recreational Marijuana Rules In Massachusetts
History Of Medical and Recreational Marijuana In Massachusetts
Fall River Medical Marijuana Certifiers